Monday, September 22, 2014

Back to old times/Then and Now

          So I'm at the hospital. Fret not, my readers, I'm okay. No, an old family friend of ours is having open heart surgery today, and he asked my dad to come and sit with his family while he's busy being cut open. Now, last time we saw them they mainly consisted of the dad, the mom, and their son. While my dad is talking to the mom and their new addition-they have a new baby girl- I'm keeping company with their son, I'll call him Kelso(that name I really clever if you knew his actual name). Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he's a weird kid. That's saying something, for me to call someone weird as a not-quite positive way. But this is the kid who dropped the F-bomb at ten because  he read it online in a joke thought it was funny.
       Side tracking for a moment, because there is funny story behind this, here it goes: We were havin' a good ole pool party at Phreddie's old house, and before hand he got there and the three of us- Phred, Kelso, and I- were chillin in a secluded-ish area by this big table thing, and he goes "hey, wanna hear a joke I read on the internet?" and we are all "yeah sure" and he sets up the scene as this dude standing by a car talking to a kid all pedophile-like and says "hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but get the f*** in the car!" Now, at the time-believe it or not- Phred and I both were all "Aah noo no swearing bad words nooo it burns!" so we strongly told him off, not to say he didn't continue to let the frickety-frack word slip multiple times afterwards on separate occasions, but y'know, what can you do? But yeah, funny story, cause now we're all "cuss swear cuss curse wordy-dirts", or at least Phred is.
    SO back to the actual post. This kid doesn't know what personal space is. Like,


This P is me, and the lines ( - ) are my bubble.
--P--
The K is him, and this is where he tries to get in my bubble:
--P,K-

Seriously. Not joking at all. And he's very random. He can't stay focused for more then about three seconds, on anything at all. literally, "SQUIRREL!!"
I wouldn't really mind this so much, because I'm surrounded by people who are like this, but Kelso is constantly trying to tell you a story or something. Like "Oh hey, one time, I was uhh... Sorry, where was I? Oh! yeah, I was outside my house on this ummm.... uuhh....Oh, sorry. I was on the hill- we live like up by a moutain- and uhhhhh..... OH MY GOSH WOW DID YOU SEE JUST THAT *thing that was just on TV behind me*!!!! It was like this thing and it was going WOOSH and WAAAH and woah!!" *five minuites later* "Oh right, I was telling you a story! *starts telling a different story*"
I mean, he's a good kid, but daaaaamn his attentions span kills me. And when he does stay focused for more than thirty-no make that three- seconds, it's when he's asking me about me and my life and stuff. If you've known me longer than ten minutes and have a decent brain, you pick up really quick that I hate talking about myself, UNLESS we're unspeakably close and you prompt me. Then I talk like a greedy snitch that witnessed a murder. But other wise, I'm awkward and I trail off and it's uncomfortable for me to share anything. And this kid expected my life story? Sorry Kelso, I'm not spilling my guts to you.
But either way, seeing Kelso and his family again got me thinking back to how Phred and I were one, two, or even three years ago.  SOOO I've decided to make a comparison chart, and I'll let Phred do some of mine and I'll do some of Phred's.


THEN                                 PHRANK                               NOW
OVERALL ATTITUDE
THEN                                                                                                                        
Quiet and reserved around people.
She made jokes sometimes but over all
she watched while the rest of us did.
However, once you broke her shell
(and got her a little tired) she was the
 weirdest/funniest/coolest friend I've ever had.                                                        NOW
She hasn't changed much but she is a lot
more open and a lot more willing to jump into a conversation.
She's also more aggressive, but in a good way.
A lot because she'll confront someone when I can't/won't


 HABITS/TENDENCIES  

THEN                                                                    
She used to go back and forth from
Wearing glasses to wearing contacts
And that would always screw me up
Seeing her the first few times after she'd change                                                                       NOW
 Now she hits people.
A lot.
Like seriously, for no reason.
If you stand too close to her she'll jab you.
And I'm easily hurt.
Not a good mix.
FRIEND POOL
                                 THEN                                                                                                  
Me, somewhat Angel (she was somewhat a friend,
 her name wasn't somewhat), Liz (god I hate her),
like all the AHG girls (hate them too.),
and the Brady Bunch as Phred calls them (a family with 6 boys)
 I can't think of any others.
Then #2
This was about a year ago.
And it was just me and Danny                                                                                    NOW
Now it's me and Angel and Emily (correct me if I'm wrong),
 still the Brady Bunch, Anna,
 Lizz (different Liz, Note the two Z's),
Ashlynn and Danny (does he count?)


GENERAL TYPE OF PEOPLE YOU ENJOYED BEING WITH

              THEN                                       
Crazy/fun/weird people                                                                                                      NOW
This hasn't changed at all.


   ATTITUDE TOWARDS FAMILY

THEN                                                                                   
You were okay with your family,
except we hated Emily for no apparent reason.
                                                                                                                         NOW
                                                                                                       You have you're disagreements but as far as i'm aware you're cool with them now. 


ATTITUDE TOWARDS SELF

THEN                                                                                        
Maybe I'm wrong, but you were
pretty content with yourself.                                                                          NOW
You get frazzled and confused sometimes
But I still think over all you're pretty cool with yourself.
Unless I don't know something.
Phrank?


  RELIGIONS/BELIEFS                                                                                                                        
You were christian then and you're christian now.
   


ATTITUDE TOWARDS ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS                                                           

THEN "I don't care about relationships"
 - Phred McSparrow                                                                                          NOW
And now she has a boyfriend, soooo.....
ATTITUDE TOWARDS PHRED                                                                                                   
SHE'S ALWAYS LOVED ME.
Well, friendship speaking. Before we officially met she thought I was weird.
Which is saying something cause she's weird as fuck

CONFIDENCE
THEN                                                                                                                          
Like non existent.                                                                                                            NOW
She's pretty confident now.
She can stand up for herself and others
(she's had practice cause I'm a bebe)
And won't let anyone step on her.


                                                                                                                              


FASHION/APPEARANCE
THEN                                                                                                                  
Jeans/shorts and  tshirts.
Always a big messenger bag.                                                                                                    NOW
                                                                                    pretty much the same



BIGGEST FLAW
THEN                                                                                                                      
She was extremely reserved.                                                                    NOW
Now I think she thinks about things a little too much.
Not to say i don't too.
I sure as hell do.


BIGGEST ASSET
THEN                                                                                   
No one thinks the quiet girl is a threat.                                                           NOW
No one thinks the quiet girl is a threat.


PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
THEN
ADORABLE.
NOW
Short, but adorable.
                                                                                                       



(NOW ONLY) BEST CHANGE
                               she's much less reserved and much more likely to kick someone's ass if they need it.                     



  (NOW ONLY) WORST CHANGE
     SHE WON'T GO TO DANCES WITH ME ANYMORE
                                                                   


                                                                               
THEN                                PHRED                                        NOW
OVERALL ATTITUDE
THEN                                                                                                                 

Honestly a bit bitchy. A bit loud and out there, which some times came off as rude. But you could see nice stuff underneath if you looked
NOW
Still loud, still out there. 
Still comes off as rude sometimes, but it's definitely not on purpose now.  
          
HABITS/TENDENCIES                                                                                                                       

THEN
You used to sit and pull one leg up really close to your crotch like you were going to cross your legs but left the other foot on the floor. Like, while you were sitting in chairs. It was so weird. 
NOW
You make intimate biting and licking motions at people. 
And my face. Don't get near my face. That's why I hit you. 
It's my face.
 FRIEND POOL                                                                                                                                       THEN
Jesus. Literally. She put a facebook post about it.
Some blonde boy. The Volleyball girls(L&J). Me. Posh spice.  

NOW
Me. Angel. Anna, Ashlyn.
 Kind of Nate. Danny. All those library people.
Do you count Christie?
GENERAL TYPE OF PEOPLE YOU ENJOYED BEING WITH                                                   
THEN
Slightly loud, crazy, opinionated people.
Also me. Dunno how the hell that happened.
                           NOW
                                              Loud, crazy, opinionated people.
And me. Seriously, what the hell?    
                         
ATTITUDE TOWARDS FAMILY                                                                                                     

THEN
Pretty okay I guess. Maybe bad, I dunno. 
You didn't talk about them much then. They were annoying to you.
NOW
Hate them. You're okay with your oldest bro, I think.

ATTITUDE TOWARDS SELF                                                                                                           

THEN
I think you were a bit flip floppy. 
You were all 'ugh self hate' but you were also all
'fabulous'
NOW
Still flip floppy.
All "ugh, I wish I was skinny/pretty"(You are pretty)
But you're also all body positive.

RELIGION/BELIEFS                                                                                                                         

THEN
Christian, actually.
NOW
Wiccan. 
                                                                                             
ATTITUDE TOWARDS ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS                                                             
THEN
"Micheal... but also whatever who cares."
NOW
"GIMMIE SAXY WAMON GIMMIE HOT
 GUYS MAKEOUT YAAAH MAKE OUT
WITH ME HEYYYY"
 ATTITUDE TOWARDS PHRANK                                                                                                     

THEN
You probably thought I was odd. Because I am. 
But you probably thought I was awesome and fabulous and amazing.
Because I am that too. JK.

NOW
You still think I'm awesome and weird. Because I am. Dur.
CONFIDENCE                                                                                                                                      

THEN
On the outside, average. Hard shell. All cool
On the inside, probably not. Insecure. Unsure.
NOW
On the outside, 
"Screw you I'm fabulous and saxy I do what I want."
On the inside, 
Probably still screw you I'm fabulous.
FASHION/APPEARANCE                                                                                                                   

THEN
Camis as shirts, and pants.
 Some times skirts or dresses.
NOW
Tights. Tights with pretty shorts. 
Tights with dresses. 
A bit emo.
And actual shirts now, thank god.
Except they're all cut up, and inevitably show your purple bra.
BIGGEST FLAW                                                                                                                                

THEN
No one wanted to be friends with a snappy rude chick.
NOW
A bit too much cowardice in you. 
You won't openly go up to people and confront them
And you can't take a hit. Seriously.
BIGGEST ASSET                                                                                                                                

THEN
Very good walls built to keep people out.
 No body was getting past those walls.  
Except me. Mwahaha.
NOW
No body expects that you'd actually stab their eyes.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE                                                                                                                 

THEN
A bit innocent. But also "grrr"
NOW
Much more confident, so you do costumes more.
A bit Goth/Emo/dark colors, 
but not bad.
(NOW ONLY)BEST CHANGE                                                                                                            

No longer bitchy.

(NOW ONLY) WORST CHANGE                                                                                                               You won't shut up about wanting saxy wamon but not doing anything to be not single. 


Well, that's all folks. See you next time.

Phrank and Phred McSparrow.







                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment